Invitation to Become an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion
In order to continue this wonderful opportunity here at St. Francis de Sales for all our Masses, more Eucharistic Ministers of Holy Communion (EMOCH) will be needed.
Father Escalante invites each parishioner to consider prayerfully this ministry.
To say “yes” to this ministry is a sacrifice of time and love, but it also brings many unexpected spiritual benefits and blessings.
If after reading the requirements listed below, you would like to submit your name for consideration as an EMOCH, you are asked to write a letter to Fr. Escalante stating you desire to serve and why you have considered this ministry. Please include your name, address, email address, and phone number in your letter. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any aspect of this ministry, please feel free to call Cathy Mitchell, our Director of Liturgy at 540-338-6381 from 10:30am to 3pm or by email at email@example.com.
Requirements for becoming an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion:
1. A registered parishioner
2. Must support Catholic Doctrine
3. Must be a Catholic in good standing – going to Mass and receiving the Sacrament of Penance regularly
4. At least 21 years of age
5. Must be married in the Church and marriage must be recognized by the Church
6. Physically able to offer the Blessed Host at Communion
7. A willingness to serve at ANY MASS at St. Francis de Sales
8. Ability to attend one diocesan workshop and one parish workshop.
9. If involved in public service – must not support anything contrary to Catholic Doctrine
10. Must have devotion and love for the Eucharist
11. If requirements are met, must set up a meeting with Father Escalante
37730 St. Francis Court
Purcellville, VA 20132
In case of emergency 540-338-6440
Parish Office 540-338-6381
Office Hours - M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
(office closed 12noon - 1:15pm daily)
Religious Ed. Office 540-338-4497
RE Office Hours - M-Th 10:30am-4:30pm
GABRIEL PROJECT support for pregnant women, for new mothers or those mothers new to the area. Call 703-841-3810 or visit the website at www.arlingtondiocese.org/familylife/gabriel.aspx. 866-444-3553 www.helpfor prenantwomen.org
PROJECT RACHEL is a post-abortion healing ministry open to anyone who seeks healing afer abortion. Project Rachel 888-456-HOPE www.helpafterabortion.org